Saturday, June 28, 2008

Patches Visit

My sister Patti is off to show her talented dance kids off at Myrtle Beach, SC. I have become the newest babysitter for Patches! We were worried about how our Toby would react or better yet how Patches would react to Toby! Scott solved that 2 weeks ago when they came for a visit. Patti, the kids and I returned from an outing in the afternoon to find both dogs running around the living room. We both started yelling for anyone to grab one of the dogs! But, Scott came in and said they are fine! They have had it out, now they don't bother with each other. Patches lets Toby know his place every once in a while, but they are ok. Emma thinks that she has a new play toy! You see Toby is great with her, she dresses him in blankets, stands on him, tells him where to go etc etc etc... but he is a 90 pound dog! Patches is just the right size for Emma. Kaylyn spent Friday taking her where ever she went. I am sure if she didn't head to her dad's for 2 weeks, she would have kept Patches forever! Emma and I tricked Patches into thinking Toby's food was treats. She doesn't want to eat, it was our way of tricking her into it! The only problem is Emma decided to SHOW Patches how to eat the dog food! Unbenounced to me, she she swallowed it! Needless to say, the after taste, she won't be eating animal food again any time soon!
Patches is a sad little dog, missing her mom! But, today she is much better. I know this because she ate a piece of red licorice! (secret weapon) By the time Patti returns Emma and I will have adopted Patches without Scott even knowing and Patti not having an option!
Kaylyn has headed to hear dad's for a couple of weeks. She plans on sleepovers, camping in the trailer and hanging out with her London friends. She is REALLY hoping to get to the mall. My little girl has turned into a really girly girl! She loves the sparkle and glamor still. Now that she is making babysitting money and allowance, she likes to go to the mall and buy jewelry. We miss her already, but know that she will be back in time to go to the cottage with us.
Scott has started his training with Investors Group. He really enjoys it. He is trying to handle all the information one step at a time, but if you know Scott, you know that he likes to know what is coming. It is a great experience to go through together though. I think once he gets going on his own, he will be really happy with it. Now if I can get him to keep the computer room clean now that I have organized it for him!

No comments: