Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Holidays Begin!






We have started the holiday season with a bang!  We visited with Santa this past Monday and had our family pictures taken with him.  Emma was very excited to see him.  She had many minutes to tell him her deepest wishes.  I tell you, her list grows longer every day!  Last week she told me she wanted to start over because I had mentioned that I was forgetting half the stuff!  Typical 5 year old!
Last night we had a great family night in London.  We all went to see Joseph and The Technicolor Dream Coat.  Emma was great through the whole thing!  There were some students participating with the play.  At one point Emma turned to me and asked "When is it my turn to go on stage?"  Too funny!  She was dancing in her seat.  I seen the are performing The Hobbit in April.  I think Kaylyn and I may make the journey to see it.  Will see if Scott will join us, but I think it is a little over Emma's head. 
This past Saturday was the Niagara Falls Santa Clause Parade.  Kaylyn participated with her cheer group.  It was bitter cold and windy, but they kept warm walking and cheering!  Her friend Kayla who takes cheer with her, walked with her as well!  She is staying with us as a house guest.  Her Mom is on a vacation in Cuba, so instead of being home alone, she is staying with us!
Kaylyn attempted her Bronze medallion this past Monday.  She received her Emergency certificate, but didn't receive her Bronze medallion. She was very concerned about getting her swim time down from 14 minutes and 33 seconds to under 14.  The day of the exam she swam 13 minutes and 33!!  I am sure Kay learned a lot and hopefully will achieve her Bronze Medallion soon.  She hasn't been taking swimming consecutively like most of the kids that were in her class, but she did great non the less!
This week is Scott's regional Christmas party.  Should be a good time, it has been the past 2 years!  Sunday is the Broadfoot Christmas in Thamesford.  Hopefully the weather holds up for the travel!  Crazy, it's the beginning of December and I feel so far behind!  Half of the Christmas baking is done, most of the shopping, but it just seems like something is missing!  We wait to put up the tree until after Kay's birthday on the Ninth.  Man, she turns 15!  Where does time go?

No comments: