Thursday, August 5, 2010

August????
















Wow, every time I think to sit and type I end up 10 away doing something else! It has been an interesting summer so far. Kaylyn has stayed with us all this summer. Her Dad is having issues, so we have welcomed her staying with us! It's really nice having her around. Emma is very happy, they're great together! Kay has started her YMCA counsellor camp this week. It runs for 3 weeks, the last week she helps run a week of camp. She is really enjoying it!

Emma had 1 week at camp the second week of July. She goes next week for her second week. She liked it, she was a little disappointed that they don't have closing circle like last year. That is where they sang with ALL the other campers. Oh, the joy of camp songs non-stop from a 4 year old!!

We had almost a week up at the cottage with family. It was nice. Rained a couple of days, but that only stopped them from golfing! Scott turned everyone onto Geo caching! I tell you, I think he has a new hobby!
We have had a couple of day trips to Marineland, been home to Thamesford a couple of times and Kay & Emma have had picnic lunches at the splash pad. Been busy, busy, busy!

Back in the spring I had wrote a 600 word essay on Kaylyn being my Hero for a book that the Girl Guides are publishing for the 100 year anniversary. It is now out! I hope it turned out good! One of the founders for the book co-authored "Cup of Soup for the Soul". I think it will.

I have completed another course for my Sign Language studies. My teacher is a great teacher. He sent a letter (email) to the 2 teachers at George Brown College helping me plead my case for a course override for this fall. The course that I want is full and there is no waiting list. Being a 4 year course I hope to start as soon as possible! I am really enjoying it.

Well, a quick note and I'm gone again. Hope to write again soon!

1 comment:

Mom vs. the boys said...

ohhhh I want to read the essay! I bet it's good! I love that your girls get along so well!