Monday, July 5, 2010

July


Summer is here! Kaylyn's graduation went great! She looked beautiful! Here dress turned out fantastic! Lots of family came down for the day. It was a perfect, sunny cool yet warm day for the event. Dinner was held just for the grad students, followed by the ceremony. We left just after they were presented with their certificate. The kids all stayed to have a dance. I asked Kay if she danced with anyone, but it is still Public School, so they all stayed on their sides of the gym. Some of the girls had really beautiful dresses. It was just short of a prom! Wow!




For Emma's year end class trip, both Scott and I chaperoned the Double Decker Bus ride. It was warm, but a beautiful, sunny day for the ride. It took the tourist route down Clifton Hill then up by the falls. We stopped for a picnic at a little play park, then retraced the route back to the school. The kids loved it!
We have heard that Emma will be in Mrs. Clegg's class again next year. We think that's great! She is a great teacher.
We have started our summer celebration already! We held a bbq on July 1st with friends and family. It was nice! Beautiful, perfect weather! We watched the parade, went over to the fair for a bit, then back to the house for a bbq. Later, we headed down to the falls to watch a spectacular display of fireworks! It was a great day!
Emma started her first week of Y camp today. I can't wait to hear her stories when she gets home. She loves these camps! Kay and I just enjoyed the silence of the day, doing not much of anything!



2 comments:

Mom vs. the boys said...

I can't believe how grown up she is!! are we old? no, we can't be old!

Christine said...

I know! I remeber like it was yesterday playing road tennis and climbing trees!