Friday, February 26, 2010

February's End

I checked today to see if Jazz (our cat) had been adopted yet. We surrendered her January 7Th after having discovered pee in the house. Through much debate, we thought at least Jazz has a chance at a new forever home. She was taken to the Niagara Falls Humane Society. They have a no kill policy.... makes it a little easier. She was put up for adoption on February 11Th (ironically the day we put Toby down) and she was adopted that Saturday, February 13Th! I am VERY relieved to know that she is being loved again by someone. She was a very sweet cat. We still have our Sally. She is not too sure what she thinks of all this change. If she's not sleeping on the back of my chair, she is trying to meow (she can't) and pawing at you for attention. She STILL thinks that she should sleep on Emma's bed, but she wants nothing to do with it. I think it has something to do with Sally want to to LAY ON Emma! Hehehe! Kaylyn has always wanted her to sleep with her, but she sleeps with the door shut all the time! Sally likes the freedom of coming and going. The problem is since she can't meow, she knocks everything around making enough noise for you to get up!
We got Kaylyn's grad photo's ready to order. She looks FANTASTIC in them. I can't wait to get them. We upgraded the package so we get the disc with all 4 poses on it. She is starting to get tall. She will literally always be my little girl, but it's weird to see her grow after not growing for so long! She is very excited about going to High School next year. I tell you, if I make it through grade 8 graduation I will be amazed! She has been excited since last year.... planing the grad party, designing the dress, hair..... man, I am NOT a girly girl..... this is new to me! Funny too! She graduates June 24th. I hear we get a dinner with our ticket.... hope so at $25 a seat! I can't wait... I have a feeling she will win an award of sorts! I am just very proud at how she has picked up, buckled down and improved her grades! She is doing GREAT! She is still determined to be a vet. Scott and I have tried to help her stay on course. She is not too keen on the thought of practising math all the time. She doesn't seem to flinch when we were in the science lab at her high school orientation and there was a baby pig there to be dissected! Bleh! I wouldn't do it in high school when it was a frog! Bleh!
Kaylyn and Emma are both in dance this year and enjoying it! They have a recital may 30th (day after Patti's). Fortunately they are in the same 5:00 show time! That makes it MUCH easier! I think that Emma should go on stage for her singing! Man o Man! Kaylyn used to the same thing! Singing non stop! Emma has taken on a whine in her singing.... she thinks it makes her sound beautiful! Lol! I tell you, we are VERY patriotic in this house.... she sings O Canada at least once a day! Some days NON STOP! Lol!
Our house has been pretty quiet. I swear I still hear Toby every now and again. His presence will be missed for a very long time.
Scott has been very busy with the RRSP season almost at an end. I have continued to work with him 3 days a week trying to help where I can. My school is going great as well. I really like my teacher. He is helping me figure a way to get my hours in so I can go to George Brown College to be a certified Interpreter.
With March Break coming, we haven't decided what we are going to do. Emma would REALLY like to go to the Bird Kingdom, bake sugar cookies, play lots and lots of games and swim at the YMCA. Kay's not too sure what she wants to do yet.
I am sure it will all come together!

No comments: