Monday, January 4, 2010

Holidays are D-O-N-E!!!

Ok, I am still trying to figure out how to load photos properly on this silly site! So, they are backwards! Lol!
Christmas was great! The Bishop Clan came down for Christmas Eve. We had a great visit. My favorite gift was from my in laws, a fireplace! I know it's not the same as a wood one, but it is the closest thing I can have for now! It's great! The girls got a Wii for Christmas, actually they got it a couple of weeks early. At Christmas we had fun playing with all the family. Scott and Emma had convinced Grandpa and Grandpa Bishop to play even!

Every year we play hide the pickle. This year Kaylyn had to hide it and buy the gift. Allie found it, even with the added pressure of Emma on her shoulders!
The one gift was very happy to receive was his electric tie rack. You know you are getting older when...... too funny!

Emma LOVED her Cinderella dress and DS! We had originally bought a used one because of her age thinking if anything happened, it wouldn't matter. But in the end we bought her a new one. The other one didn't work too well. We let her decorate it with stickers to make it her own. Now she can stop correcting us by saying "No, it's Kay's DS! I don't have one!"

With Kay still going to her Dad's on some weekends, we thought that it was time for her own computer. This way she can keep up with her school work and not worry about time on the computer. She can watch movies, browse the Internet and so on at her own leisure! No more fighting over my computer! She was very happy!

I tell you, we often wonder about Scott's sense of humor, but as shown here, it is a family thing. He and his brother have the same sense of humor. It is funny to watch the 2 of them together! It was really nice having them here this year.

Christmas Eve in our house runs about the same every year. We had our dinner, went for a car ride to see the Christmas lights at the Winter Festival of Lights, open our Christmas jammie's and watch a movie together. It is a great family tradition that Kaylyn helped plan the year Emma was born. We have enjoyed it ever since!

Emma helped set out food for Santa. She made sure that the reindeer got carrots too! She thought that Santa might want a hot chocolate, so we set out an extra mug with a pot of hot water for him! She thought this was a GREAT idea!

Kaylyn is officially 14! Wow! Where does time go? This year, instead of a cake, she asked for a very special Apple Crisp. It was delicious! 14... man o man!

When the Olympic torch came through Niagara Falls, the girls and I went to cheer it on! We walked down the Falls to watch the lighting of the cauldron. Emma asked to ride on my shoulders, considering the distance I thought her little legs may not keep up. So, up she went! 10 minutes later she was SOUND asleep! Too much for one day I guess!



Our family Christmas photo for this year. I turned out pretty good. Kay's eye make up is really not that dark. For some reason, it looks twice as dark in this photo! We got some really great pictures this year!


Halloween has also passed since I last wrote. Emma decided that she wanted to be "Belle on a BEAUTIFUL unicorn". Easy enough! She was proud as a peacock! She lasted about 45 minutes with Daddy in tow. Just enough... not like we really eat all the halloween candy in this house! I had uploaded a beautiful photo of Kaylyn in her Ice Princess dress, but for some reason it is very blurry. I told her it is suppose to be her last year out, I am not too fond of the big kids trick or treating. Mind you, she has the height.... she was told she could go out next year if she takes her sister! Lol!


Here's hoping this year will be a great year too!

No comments: