Saturday, March 14, 2009

Pre March Break!

The girls have left us! They have gone to Grandma and Grandpa Broadfoot's for a visit. Kaylyn will go to her Dad's Monday afternoon, but I know that she would love to stay in Thamesford to get that special Grandma and Papa spoiling! Emma is excited to go too! She can't wait to go see the animals on the farm! She looks forward to visiting Henny's house and Kim & Jim's. Now, if we only knew someone with horses, Emma would never want to leave!
Last Monday Kaylyn had her 6 month check up with her "kidney" doctor. It was the first time Kaylyn said "That was a great appointment!" She has become very discouraged with doctor appointments. She thinks that every time she goes they are only going to give her bad news. Last week we found out that we don't have to wait for her kidney to go into failure before we do a kidney transplant. They will allow friends or family matches to donate and they will perform the surgery before they would absolutely have to. This is great news! I was afraid that if it ever came about that she needed one, that we would have to wait until her body started shutting down. Now, remember, this may never happen. It could happen in 2 years, 20 years or never. It is just prepping for the worse. To me this is FANTASTIC news! Kaylyn also asked about her being able to have children.... I let the doctor explain this to her. She is a smart girl. She has started to figure things out. She was not happy, but I reminded her of all the loving people that we have in our life that couldn't have kids on their own and how they chose to have a family! I have been on the Turner's Syndrome website and have found a conference in Vancouver in April. I think if I can arrange the time off work, it would be a great little vacation for Kaylyn and I to take together! She has been approved for the next part of her treatment. We go for our training on needles the end of the month. I am excited to move forward with this. I told Kaylyn that we get to go buy new wardrobes! She can't wait! She truly hasn't grown much over the past 3 years. She has only grown about 2 inches. She is suppose to be 9 years old according to her bone xray! This treatment will encourage her body to grow over the next 2 years! She is just concerned that she just got her new skinny jeans and doesn't want to outgrow them! Hehehe, it's not that they don't make them anymore! Silly nut!
With the girls gone, Scott and I thought we would take this week to sleep and get the house in order. So far I have slept, maybe tomorrow I will start on the house! hehe! We have kidnapped Ryan for most of the week, yet again. It's great having him around. He truly is a good kid! We are very lucky in our family, all the kids are pretty good. 98% of the time.
Sami is in her school play coming up. We have not yet bought our tickets, but the girls can't wait to see Sami on stage! She didn't make it down this way yet, there is still lots of days left in March break though!
I don't know if all this quiet is good. It is weird to not have Emma wanting to be everywhere with you! My shower getting ready for work was actually relaxing! No Emma asking to come and play animals in there! In due time things will be back to normal, in due time! Good luck to my parents!

No comments: